Sign up as a mentor if you want to offer your expertise and experience to institutions looking for a mentor or one-on-one mentoring with job and career seekers.
- Create your professional profile using the social media tools available at Job Mentors in order to collaborate with other mentors and job or career seeking people
- Add friends and get in touch by the available complimenting and other communication tools
- Offer your services at your Service Marketplace
- Arrange appointments and use the working area for collaboration
Sign up as a mentee if you want to profit from people with expertise and experience who can guide you in your career search.
- Create your professional profile using the social media tools available at Job Mentors in order to collaborate with advisors (mentors) and other job or career seeking people. Don't forget to add a photo of yourself.
- Make friends by getting in touch using the available complimenting and other communication tools
Job Mentors is an attempt to break with convention. It is designed to help people find positions and courses in an informal atmosphere of trust and exchange, based on their social media experience.
"Mentoring is to support and encourage people to […] maximise their potential, develop their skills, improve their performance and become the person they want to be." Eric Parsloe, The Oxford School of Coaching & Mentoring
Imagine an open day where as a study place or job seeker you get to meet experts in the field ready to help. This is what Job Mentors is all about.
Our aim is first and foremost to bring people together to create synergies in the collaborative process.
Obviously we want to create a forum in which study place and job seekers can meet and exchange ideas and experiences. On top of that we also want to offer facilities for dynamic one-on-one and group mentoring.
For this reason we've created this platform where people have made-to-measure tools with which they can create or import profiles and create services, among other things.
Study place or job seekers take on the role of Mentee and experts in their fields take on the role of Mentor. Imagine a traditional marketplace where the mentor sets out their stall and the mentee strolls around checking out and stopping by at the stall which exactly meets his or her needs. With the Job Mentors matching technology and appointments tool both parties have the chance to meet and to collaborate with the aim of realizing a common goal.